Pages

Social Spark

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Walk To Remember

No not the movie nor was it a romance... it's about my day today, got a lucky one or was it?  Upon going to work, my motorcycle begun to wiggle.  I was pretty sure one of my tires got flat.  Just glad I didn't stumble.  I rested for a while to calm myself down so I can think clearly, just to slow down my heart's pounding moments (lol).  I then looked for the problem, and saw my rear tire got struck by a 3 inches nail, no wonder it was sudden.  Pulled out the nail and brought out my pump.  I tried pumping air on it for a couple of minutes but I thought there just might be a lot of holes caused by the nail making my effort useless.  So, I decided to run it flat.   But my motorcycle had been strongly swaying to the left side, making it hard to control which was posting more danger for me, so I had to walk my motorcycle to the nearest vulcanizing shop which was more or less 3 kilometers away.  For an hour or two, I had been walking, resting and pumping (just a thought that I might get lucky to pump some air to the wheel so I just had to ride it instead of walking  it all the way).  Guess what? No luck.

Upon arriving at a shop, still alive (thanks to Yahweh), the first thing that came to my mind was water...I needed water, before I lose my consciousness ha ha.  The tube was replaced  since it was severely damaged and the vulcanizer charged me 50 pesos for the labor.  Well, I thought it was just fair, I troubled him for looking for a replacement tube and he used his personal motorcycle.  And after all, it's nothing compared to what I've been through the day, something I wouldn't want to do again even if someone pays me.

Life is just full of uncertainties.  Good thing, our Lord is always there to look after us, and guide our way.  Or else, everything might be worse.  I always believe that everything happens for a purpose, and it might be His way of protecting me from a far more danger ahead.  It's a lucky day for me after all.  Yahweh  bless.

21 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely to the station to get fixed. He is looking out for us--maybe he needed you to slow down for a while--for whatever the reason.

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 kilometers is not that far, but I'm not sure if you have a motorcycle in tow. Just always be careful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a good way to look at things. Sounds like it was a tough day but you got a story out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it when u said life is full of uncertainties.... but the Lord will often take care of us during these times :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing that you got home safe and still in one piece. Everything happens for a purpose, we may never understand it but God is on top of that and however bad it turns out, always remember that its for the good as God wills it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah a lot of unexpected things happen all the time and they are always for a purpose. Whatever it is, God is protecting you from something. Let us be thankful that you are ok.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a experience. Buti na lang you stopped and decided to just walk. Delikado na kasi talaga kapag ganyan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can think of that walk as exercise... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also experienced this when I was touring a fellow travel blogger around and my motorbike got flat into the middle of nowhere without anyone whom we can ask for help. Gladly a trike driver helped us :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup.. Thanks to Yahweh. In every Circumstances in our life thanks God..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, glad you're safe. Could have been much worse. And that's such a loooong walk with a motorcycle in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good thing you are sound and safe...you're right the guy up there is watching over us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not really a religious person, pero masaya ako at walang nangyaring masama sa'yo n_n

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its a good thing nothing bad happened ... be more careful next time please.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank God for your presence of mind! Ingat lagi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also have an article posted in my other blog with this title - A WALK TO REMEMBER. Likes yours here, it's not about the movie but it was about how a supposed to be fun trip turned out to be a wearisome walking for two hours or more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Be careful. This is why I hate motorcycles. Drive slowly, always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you're safe. And I definitely agree. Everything happens for a purpose. We may not understand it just yet, but God definitely knows what's best for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just expect the unexpected and hope for the best. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so lucky! God always protect his children! And you should be forever be thankful to HIM for giving you presence of mind and keeping you alive. Be extra careful next time.

    ReplyDelete