- We have the anti-smoking ordinance in Davao City that protects non-smokers in public places and enclosed establishments;
- The anti-firecracker ordinance that prohibits firecrackers and other similar explosives within the territorial jurisdiction of the city. It's been years since we had firecracker related accident or casualty especially during the celebration of Christmas and New Year;
- We are using the “911” system, which is only used in US and Canada;
- We don't usually have typhoons here;Thank God.
- We are rich with variety of fruits (to name some: durian,pomelo, rambutan, lanzones, marang, and mangosteen) and flowering and ornamental plants (Waling-waling, known as the queen of orchids);
- Davao is also home to the majestic Philippine Eagle;
- And the bad elements are afraid of our mayor and her father, our vice-mayor (LOL).
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Happy Araw ng Dabaw Everyone
Our very own Davao City is celebrating it's 74th founding anniversary... and you know what the best part is, it's a special non-working holiday... I know there are a lot of festivities today. I've seen them on tv. But unfortunately I can't go out today... My wife is working late shift and I need to take care of my children. So it's bonding moments with the kids instead... Atleast I get to spend the whole day with them... and that would be more than enough for me to say, I had a good day...
Aside from the festivities in our city today, let me just tell you some of the things we Dabaweños are proud about our city: