Pages

Social Spark

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stage Confidence

Many of us are not comfortable speaking in front of an audience or a group of people... and I'm not an exception.  There might be a lot of reasons but for me, I just can't explain it.  I was once a best man of a friend in his wedding, and I fumbled with some of my words and I tend to repeat what I said... I just thank God everything went out fine and that I was able to deliver my message to the couple and raised the glass of wine and finally ended my part with "cheers" (lol).

And so, me and my wife were just so proud of our daughter for developing her confidence in speaking onstage.  She was able to do her part in reading the "Responsorial Psalm" of the mass with no problem at all.  I'm just thankful to her school, which played an important role in developing her confidence  to speak in front of an audience, since they always give all of their students a part in every school presentation whenever there's a school activity or an important event.  Whether it may be dancing, singing and simply  giving a role for an act, it'll greatly help a child not only in building up her confidence in performing in front but also improves her interaction and relationship with other people.


But above all... I thank Yahweh for all the blessings received and for all these great traits He has given... for  I know that everything is from Him and we only get what He provides.  Yahweh bless.

6 comments:

  1. I spent years being a lector at my family's church. I took speech class at school. It really helped me to become comfortable speaking in public. Of course, now I spend a lot of time on the phone, so I talking all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stage confidence can overcome stage fright... only few are gutsy enough to be in front of a huge crowd

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful--I bet you were so proud in that moment. Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Your daughter is adorable! I appreciate your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reason I can't be a Nun because I spent too much time in the mirror practicing my speech, reports and stage act. I want to myself do the talking. It gives me courage to face my audience.

    ReplyDelete