I really wouldn't mind being awake with our son, but needing to go to work without a proper sleep is another thing. So I'm now trying to recall what were those things I did in the past. And then I realized the same things happened back then, the only thing that changed is I was 5 years younger back then. It's really amazing what age can do to you, things were just not as easy as before.
Here are a list of things I tried just to make him fall asleep:
- bore him to sleep with a lullaby;
- carry him in a comfortable position and start dancing slowly in a rocking motion;
- blow his eyes softly;
- new diapers and feed him milk, and never forget the "burp" part;
- (if still nothing prevails), I beg him to sleep and even bribe him with my 1 month salary just for a straight hour of sleep;
- but the most effective, tagging my wife and telling her the baby needs motherly love... hahaha...;
- however, if wifey is in the night shift, I have no choice but to play with our baby a game we call "who will blink first"... until morning.