Pages

Social Spark

Friday, January 11, 2013

100,000th Kilometers Of Travel

While riding my motorcycle, I can't help but notice my odometer was already reaching its limit in figures or maximum reading.  So when the meter reached the 99,999 kilometers mark, I stopped and took a pic of it. And I took another shot as it was about to rollover back to zero again.  I wouldn't miss that milestone, since I heard, some motorcycles' odometers become defective before reaching such figure.  More, it meant that I already traveled a hundred thousand colorful kilometer experience with my motorcycle.

100,000 kilometers, that's just like circling the earth 2.5 times with my bike.  Well, the farthest I've been so far were Valencia City in Bukidnon, Aguacan resort in Maragusan, Toyozu resort in Nabuntutan, and Lake Sebu in South Cotabato.  But what mostly consist of my mileage were my daily long distance travels to work.  Whew... I already rode that much?  No wonder my back is aching already.

It was a rain and shine, smooth and rough, funny and painful travel experience for a couple of years now.  I met many accidents along the road, just glad a lot of them did not include me.  For those that did, I thank the Lord that they were just minor accidents.  Nearly forgot, except one, when I collided with a person driving a bicycle.  He suddenly turned left... I stepped and gripped on my brakes, so I was thrown to him... He lost consciousness, nearly lost mine... And we're both brought to the hospital... Long story to detail... Just glad we're both fine... Thank God.

Just had my bike repainted, not in the plan, met an accident, and the insurance covered it... many thanks for that.  My odometer had a new start again and begun to roll as I continue in my travels.  My prayer is that He protects me from the troubles in my way and He gives me the presence of mind and sense of precaution that others might be protected as well.  May Yahweh always bless our way.

13 comments:

  1. Wow that's a journey between you and your motorbike :-) dami ng kwento kung tutuusin siguro kayo ng bike mo. Me, i have to rekindle my love for my bike. i could hardly reach even 1k after a year i bought it. Its gonna turn 2 this august and i wish its gonna tip the 1k mark in the odometer:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. last time i was in philippines there's a couple had an accident right infront of me and my dad while two of us as well riding our motorbikes. after seeing that accident my dad just uses his motorbike for emergency and just standby on our house now hehe xx ingt po.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sturdy motorcycle and hoping for more miles with your motor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was a lot of travel with your bike eh.. and good to know you already visited South Cotabato! More travel with your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindi man ito pang-Guinness but I know para sa iyo this is a milestone for you as a traveler. Bilid din ako sa durability ng odometer mo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite the experience! It's a great anecdote on life too, in my opinion. Travel long and far, and relish each step (or in this case, kilometer) along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go. Your travel buddy will be on its 100,000th km. Hehehe. Time to treat him for a check up. :) He will surely love it. :)More travels with your bicycle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great time!
    gujab in covering this milestone.
    Makes you reflect more on how lucky you are to be alive and be able to travel more and experience the world arround you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It reminded me of the Y2K bug as the year turns to 2000 or '00. Good thing your bike is still in good condition as well. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it's good to hear that your motorcycle is still in good condition despite the fact that it already reached the 100,000 kilometer limit. Maybe, you have to acquire a new one and trade-in that old one. How about that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's really a milestone! Hope we could do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A milestone it is, 100,000th kilometers of travel, the odometer is old to travel hat far, and it endures

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah, i know. people need to pay attention while driving, whether a car, bike, motorbike, skateboard, rollerblades, etc. accidents happen when people are distracted by something and not paying attention, or even are tired while driving. some people end up dying or having a serious injury, which messes up many people's life in the process.

    ReplyDelete