Pages

Social Spark

Saturday, November 3, 2012

And There Were Three

It was late night of October 31th when my wife begun to complain of painful contractions and the intervals were getting closer, about 10 minutes apart... and down to every 5 minutes.  I kept on telling my wife that she’ll be okay, as we had already been to our OBGyn.  But I saw how painful it was that she was already crying as she held my hands very tight.  It was passed 1 AM when we decided that we ran to the hospital just to have her checked and her condition be properly monitored.

As we were in a taxi going to the hospital, the pain continued and I could hear her sobbing because of it.  I told the driver not to drive too fast especially when passing rough roads since there were a lot of areas still under repairs.  I was preventing anything that could worsen the hurt she’s feeling at that moment.  We arrived at around 2 AM in the hospital where she was immediately admitted and brought directly to the delivery room.

I was left in the hospital lobby to process the necessary requirements and payments.  The cashier told me that I needed to deposit 30,000 pesos if there will be an advice for delivery.  I told her what our OBGyn told us earlier that my wife was not still due and there’s a great possibility that it was false alarm.  Luckily, I convinced her and she only asked a P5,000 pesos deposit.

Goofing around their brother...
I went and waited outside the delivery room, and it wasn’t the first time, just a few weeks ago, she was also confined in a hospital’s delivery room for close monitoring, so she would not deliver our baby prematurely... he was just barely 8 months back then.  And there I was again... praying that nothing bad would happen... but I wasn’t expecting anything.

It was passed 3 AM when a nurse called me, I was thinking she’s going to ask me for my wife’s meds or for her things...  But life was full of surprises, she told me, “Sir, meet your son”.  I was left speechless.  Before I could react she already went inside the nursery.  I was not able to even ask her if he’s just okay.  Or if he needs special care since he’s almost a month early.  And how’s my wife?

Lucky for me, I had some company which got me out of my worries.  They told me that just by looking at my child, he was perfectly fine.  He’s very active and the nurse let me see him.  They added that normally, if there’s a problem, she will be directed to the nursery’s ventilator or incubator.  Man, was I glad to hear it...  And I later confirmed from one of the nurses.

So, our youngest was born passed the hour of 3 in the morning.  My praises to our Lord that everything went well for both my wife and our son and for the normal delivery, it was indeed a blessing to our family.  As to my son, Jacob, welcome to our family, we may not give you everything in this world but we will definitely give you the love and care you deserve and we’ll do what we can to provide you your needs.  To Yahweh be the glory.

14 comments:

  1. Your newest child surprised you. ;-)

    Cingratulations to you. May your child grow strong in body and in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "congratulations". Sorry for the typo error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ralph, on your new baby! Congratulations, too, because I am nominating you among others to the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award." Your blog on your life experiences has inspired us no end. Check out award details at http://wp.me/p2F4mh-eq. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations. may you have more kids in the future to fill your household with love, joy and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every new baby brought to the world is a GIFT form GOD. Congratulations to your family for having a new bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratz for having a new baby boy. Why are you surprised to have a baby boy? I've a different story to tell when I got my first son. I was overjoy and overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for the being a Daddy for the 3rd time and congrats for the new bundle of joy. I wish your wife an early recovery and that baby will grow up healthy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow .. congratulations...you got another angel in your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new son Jacob. Three is definitely not a crowd but a room full of delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am feeling your great happiness in this post!!! Congratulations to the whole family!!!! Welcome to the world baby Jacob!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations to the new daddy!...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was probably the most pleasant surprise you had at 3 am . Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you and your family!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks, guys. my family is truly a blessing... and i thank the Lord for them. Yahweh bless to all.

    ReplyDelete